The Academy is the award-winning interdisciplinary performing arts training & development school of AREA for novices to pre-professionals, and is committed to grooming leaders in the arts community who are not only gifted artists but model citizens as well!
- Provide curriculum-based progressive training Divisions
- Ensures our members remain at the helm of professional development in the Arts
- Proven track record of providing proper training and development to ensure talent is equipped with the tools for a successful career in Arts & Entertainment
- Ensures our talent feel free artistically and creatively to flourish in many dimensions of the Arts they may have never tapped before
- Provides Seasonal Training, Master Workshops, Conventions, Summer training, and Performances (locally, regionally, nationally, internationally)
- Provide artist and professional development including: Photoshoots, Portfolio Development, Workshops, Presentation Skills, and Mentorship
If youth are given the opportunity to become involved in a constructive activity, they will experience success not only in the specified activity but also in their academic studies! Focusing on the education of the whole person leads to them becoming a productive part of society. This is our primary goal for AREA Outreach, Arts Education!
AREA Outreach is a daytime or after school satellite or residency program that puts students in an arts filled environment and allows them to express their creativity in their respective after school setting!
- ARTmoves: Exploratory & Development Dance Program
- ARTunplugged: Music Business & Technology Program
- ARTconnections: Cultural Arts Enrichment Program
- Creative Dreamers: Arts-based Service Learning Program
ARTS EDUCATION PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION
Arts and Enrichment programming and activities is an essential human experience. Aligned with personalized and sophisticated service delivery models, AREA has designed arts initiatives and programming for notable Organizations and Schools that provides innovative, high-quality arts programming to stimulate learning, inspire creativity, and develop confidence in self-expression.
Program Implementation includes, but not limited to:
- Curriculum Design and Program Implementation
- Arts Integration and Class Scheduling development
- Recruit, Train, Certify, Coordinate, Manage and Compensate Teaching Artists
AREA provides a home for individual artist including but not limited to musicians, choreographers , directors, and/or emerging companies. Designed to allow artist to hone their creative voices, our artistic residency generally will last for one fiscal year, after which the artist(s) must reapply. Through this program, we hope to create a space for artist to create work that could be showcased in collaboration with AREAs ongoing initiatives, and also individually.
AREA is proud to celebrate the amazing professional artists, choreographers, directors, and instructors who call Atlanta their Hometown! “Home Grown Series” will also highlight the AREA young adult blossoming artists who are just beginning to branch off into the collegiate or professional arts & entertainment world, in a docuSeries entitled, “Home Grown Bloomers Series”, which will introduce the world to AREA alum that will inspire and encourage potential Artists of the great possibilities within the arts & entertainment industry and beyond!
- Residencies (Series, Semester or Year)
- Master Workshops & Talk Back (90-mins)
- DocuSeries (Episodes)